Bom Dia do Maputo@!
First of all thank you all so much for your wonderful thoughts, emails and prayers. Unfortunately I won't be able to answer all the emails for some time to come. Email is slow! As the general pace of life is down here. Yet some how it manages to be manic as well. In case some of you have not heard yet. Felix Paul Alexis was born Oct 3rd and he is a LIBRA! He was very early but is doing okay. Everyone just keep him in your prayers. I'll teach him Changanna when I come back. So some amazing stories.
Let's see, the alarm clock I bought is totally useless because of the roosters that wake me up in the morning. I had to kill one the other day for my birthday feast. We made an offering to our ancestors, of which Mom was included. I wasn't allowed to spill any blood so I had to club the thing with a stick. It was suprisingly easy. I also hit it in the direction of the sun so it will bring me good luck and my ancestors "approve" of what I am doing.
I have made a reputation for myself as someone not to be messed with. The hawlkers are unbelievable and will try to sell you anything. so the other day I took a tampom out of my friends purse and tried to sell it to them!!!!
Com amor
Ianito
3 comments:
I'm so glad that you are having a good time! Isn't Africa the best? I think Afrikaaner girls are just great too ;)
I'm about to start my countdown until I visit you next year. It just isn't going to come quick enough.
I miss you so much even though our friendship has always existed through long distances.
Please take good care of yourself and give those locals hell, except selling them tampons-that's a bit weird and you know it.
Ek mis jou baie. Lief vir jou, ~Monique~
By the way it's TamPON not tamPOM.
A picture of felix to be posted here soon! Me and Jess saw a store owner club a rat to death yesterday. It was the size of a small Cat! He shed no blood. He hit it with a plunger and also stomped on it. Ugh.
noel
Felix Here!
Post a Comment