Okay everybody, keep your fingers crossed. We have 3 weeks left of model school. This is some crazy Peace Corps practice where I get up in front of a "smallish" class of 45. I think after these two years when i get back to the States and really do start teaching (you all can laugh now as I know what you are thinking) I'm not going to know what to do. Ill have a class of 30 and wait five minutes asking where the other half of the class is! :O) But after model school, we will have a big Thanksgiving dinner celebration and figure out where we are going for the next two years. They sent us last week all over the southern Provinces of this country and I went to Inhambane Province to a town called Massinga. IT IS PARADISE. The volunteer lives in a reed hut on school grounds and it is just everything I have thought about Peace Corps and more. Portuguese is only spoken at school and through strangers at the market but this volunteer speaks Matswa pretty fluently. I cant wait to be able to start on the local language as well. Inhambane is the beach province of MOZ. It is beautiful as you guys will see very soon. I've got to get some pictures developed. But they will be up as soon as I can get them up!
Speaking of photos. Everyone go to Noel's website to see pictures of my beautiful little nephew. He is gorgeous and everyone, keep him in your prayers please! Everyone have a happy turkey day and a merry Christmas if I don't talk to you. I'm cooking a candied yam casserole for all of us and I hope it goes over well.
Con todo amor
Ian
ps. letters et al take at least two weeks to get here. Anything and everything from home is wonderfully appreciated!
3 comments:
http://homepage.mac.com/noelhefele/PhotoAlbum1.html
Hey,
It sounds like you are having an amazing time over there! Every time I think about all the amazing things you've been able to do in your life I get jealous. Felix is adorable and I hope everything is going well with him, I've been thinking about him and all of you. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures! xoxo
Hey Ian! I forgot all about your blog and then I can across your piece of paper with all your info on it. It sounds like everything is going great for you, im so happy you are enjoying yourself. My mom went to visit Felix and Jess last week with Andrea and Karen so now I have a picture of him hanging in my room, he is adorable and mom says he's definately a Hefele. She can see you and noel in him. I'm going to go with her the next time they take a trip down there. I miss you! School is crazy but i'm getting a break for Thanksgiving next week, so i'll send you an email then! Love you!!
Post a Comment