The Weirdest Thing
Don't you just love it when you are right? I mentioned yesterday something about my landlord just creating problems with my house. Well, I talked to my boss and he said that he and only he can renegotiate a price for the rent. So I told my landlord to come to the office and talk. He showed up today and every single person in the office was shocked. I didn't even recognize him. He's usually wandering around shirtless and drunk in his yard. Sitting in the office here, he looked like a Mafioso. I swear to you, fake leather shoes and belt, black pants that were so creased it looked like they had tent poles in them, and dark glasses. That gave it away that he was drunk. But, my boss was really calm and collected; he asked what we were doing here, (Mozambican formalities) and then started the meeting by asking to look at the old rent agreement. My landlord handed it over and the agreement said that it is automatically renewable for 2 years once it expired, which was about 6 months ago. My landlord starts saying that nothing is owed by any party (he actually owes my boss 2,500 meticais because of repairs my work paid for on the house. The landlord says that all the proper discounts have been made and he is just present to talk about renegotiating a contract. My boss wanted to see proof of the discounts. Senhor Lukas got in a huff, grabbed the paperwork, mumbled something about coming back, and ran off – that was two hours ago. Most of my colleagues want me to move now because a "vida negra" will continue happening. The landlord obviously wants 600 meticais a month rent for a house that we worked on. Oh well, at lest I see that I've got a lot of people on my side! I'll keep you updated.
--
~Ian~
+258 825 232 821
www.weltwanderlust.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment