I don't think so!
I remember when I was living in England for the first time. I had wanted to go visit Germany and some of my friends from my exchange year there. But my plane ticket back to America was from London so that presented a problem. I was SO cheap, I wouldn't head back to London before I needed to leave for the USA. So, I booked a flight from Germany back to London the morning of when I was supposed to fly back. The catch was that the flight was from Switzerland. I was in Germany....
So, my friend's mom woke me up at 4:30 and we went by car to Lake Constance where I traveled by boat over the border to Switzerland. I then forged my EURAIL pass to get on the train to Zurich where I would get to London by plane. The trip to London brought me to Gatwick and I was flying out of Heathrow. I had 2 hours to make the transfer and got to Heathrow barely in time. I was the last person on the plane and happy to be flying over the Atlantic. I got picked up by Mag at JFK and drove to Connecticut. This is still my personal record where I went through 4 different countries in 18 hours. (Germany, Switzerland, the UK and the US)
So now, as I am writing a blog and not writing my capstone proposal, I am questioning my reasoning about accepting an intern position in Windhoek, Namibia so soon after I finish a position in Brattleboro.
I know it will be worth it, but... gulp!
More soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment