CHRIST IS KING
LONG LIVE GOD
JESUS SAVES
GOD IS MY SAVIOUR......... you get the idea.
Here is the address
Rev. Ian Hefele, PCV
C.P. 31
Maxixe, Mozambique
So, where do I begin. I've been beach hopping down the coast for the past 10 days because there is really nothing else to be done - the country is on one major holiday. But I'm enjoying it immensely and when I finally get my act together, I'll post some pictures. :O) When I left Tofo beach to come down for christmas, I knew it was going to be an interesting ride. I love it because buses work here on a whole different level of absurdity than anywhere I've ever been. First of all, they are called matchibombos - which suggests the English word rambling. Boy do they ever do that. Xai Xai is about 250 kilometres from my home and that took me 5 hours. Which really isn't bad on Mozambican time!!!! We went down to the beach here, where my cousin has actually been. (That a strange concept, knowing family members have been to comepletely random spots in the world where you are now standing)
Now, I've got to love you all and leave you. Justin is waiting for his turn on the internet. For lunch today we are going to gorge ourselves on steak and Xima (mozambican mealie meal) for the grand total of 40,000 meticais...or $1.75!
Ianito
Oh yeah I went swimming on Christmas day too!
1 comment:
Hey!
My text messages and phone calls won't go through to your phone!
AAAHHH! It's frustrating because now I have to rely on snail mail.
I'm glad to hear that you are doing well though :) Miss talking to you.
~MONIque
Post a Comment