Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Kurinzela

Kurinzela is the newest edition to the Hefele household of Homoine in Inhambane Province, Mozambique. She is about 6 months old I would guess and such a little bundle of energy. I feel a little bit awkward that I have gotten a dog while my first little one is not even in the ground a month, but Africa operates on a different plane of existence. A colleague of mine brought her over the other day, after I spent some recoup time at the beach and burned myself for the first time in YEARS. She looks like a jack Russell terrier. Man, can she JUMP! That's why I'm thinking that she has some jack in her. My housekeeper is taking care of her right now and she and I had a long talk about "Kuri" coming into the household. I think I've achieved one of my goals in PC Moz because it was a Mozambican who brought me the dog. They realised how important Timisela was to me and realised that yes a dog can be part of the family too.

So now, I have a mountain of more little goals to get through and my PCV existence will be complete.

Ianito

PS. I put up Xmas lights the other day and shaped them as a Christmas tree. I'm very excited because I'll be at a family party of a good friend of mine. Kuri will be good company too.

1 comment:

Adventure Girl(in Training) said...

Hi Ianito! :-)

I'm Yukiko, Justin's friend from Japan(actually I'm in Canada now though). I think I met you when I visited him, and played Hanafuda with you or gave me "homework" that ask Justin taking me the town you live??? You are....Ian, aren't you???

Anyway,I was looking for some blog about Moz and I found yours by accident!!Wow! This is amazing!Internet is crazyyy!

I'm so glad you are doing well, enjoying your adventures.
I'll keep checking this wonderful blog!

Happy New Year!!!

Love,

Yukiko