Sunday, December 28, 2008

The End of an Era

Well, this is it. The last post from Africa. I'm sitting at OR Tambo International Airport in Joburg and bought 30 Rand worth of wireless so I could use my laptop. I'm slowly coming back into civilization. Jess left yesterday, and I played massive amounts of Pass the Pigs and Apples to Apples with the PCVs who were still at the backpackers. I've not really started processing my thoughts and emotions yet. It really has not hit me.

My last day in Africa was spent in bed until 9 AM!!!! What a luxury! Also, Pretoria was 25 degrees celcius today so rather cold for a summers day. I went and bought some extra socks though for when I land in Europe and I purchased a compelation CD called the GREAT SOUTH AFRICAN TRIP that I'm going to listen to in the plane and I know I'm going to ball my eyes out to the beautiful music. Africa will never be forgotten by me. I love her and hate her with equal passion and all I have to say is

KANIMAMBO KWATSI MAMAE AFRIKA!


PS. Should we have a vote on whether or not I continue this blog? Thank you all for reading over the years and I hope I can continue to entertain.

No comments: