Hey everybody. Sorry for the long silence. I've been trying to acclimatize to the arctic weather that we've been experiencing here. I'm writing about a little jewel from the BBC that has been keeping me happy during the long hours of sending out CV's.
Thanks to my friend Liz, I've discovered the Friday Night Comedy from Radio 4. She was intent an Anglicizing this American. I remember when I was young and would watch some British television or movies. I wouldn't understand it. My father would say, "it's just not funny to us." Or something to that affect. However, the comedy skit is astounding. I'm so grateful to have been introduced to it. Many times I'll be listening to it in my room and laugh out loud - which is always good. My brother will ask me what's so funny. I'll explain to him and he just won't get it. I dread to think how he'll fair in Wolverhampton in September.
More soon
2 comments:
Hurrah!
Was thinking of you listening to these yesterday. I've got into the habit of listening to them at the gym & yesterday was warming down lying on a mat and ended up laughing so much that I was shaking. Not good for stretching!!
Good luck with the resumes!
Also, just as an aside - why's your brother going to Wolverhampton?? It's a total hole!
Post a Comment