Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gulp

I apologize for the lack of writing here. I've suddenly jumped into the real world now and I kind of want to go back to the wonderful laziness (but good laziness!) of Mozambique. I've been talking about it a lot recently. I think I've only started processing what really happened to me in the three years just now. Thanks so much to Mag. However, as I've processed, I've left the hotel. Let me tell you, I RAN out of there on the last day. The only person I really worry about keeping in touch with is in my phonebook so I don't have to worry. We actually went out to a club in the interim named Woody's. It was crazy fun and I ended up on the website. I'm not there anymore though!

I stupidly have not taken any mental down time from the hotel to this job. I've started a job teaching summer school and I'm taking two courses towards my masters. Luckily the school is within walking distance. That's how I'm still awake at 9 pm at night. :) But the Philadelphia heat has started. It's not as hot as Africa by any means, but the humidity is there. I'm not able to just go off to a bar for hours "getting work done" here. The bars aren't conveniently located on the Indian Ocean, so they wouldn't really help! It's hot, it's humid and I have to wear a tie to get work done. Africans are definitely smarter than us in so far as summer attire!

Anyway, I'm going to try to write a little each day because I think it will help with my sanity as I try to process all of this real world job-ness I have to process. But for now I end saying, it's official! I'm a salaried employee of the SD of Philly.

Don't get any thoughts in your head that it means I will be here in the States for good!

No comments: