Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Who IS the Boss?

So in the 1980's, there was a wonderful (read typically cheesy) American sitcom called Who's the Boss?, starring one Tony Danza. As with most 80's sitcom stars, he's pretty washed up now. Haven't really seen him do ANYTHING in a long time. I did find though that he was in the Producers on Broadway for 6 months. When you get so unknown, what do you think of doing? REALITY SHOWS!!!

Tony Danza's newest venture, I'm not joking, is going to be a reality show in Philadelphia. He won't be at my school (thank GOD!!) but he will be teaching English at Northeast High in Philly! I just want to know what the Mayor of Philly and the School Chancellor are thinking! None of this makes sense. I mean how will the students even learn. I'm all for career changers, but folks teaching is harder than he thinks. You fake it and the students will eat you alive! It is kind of ironic how they are putting him in a rather "quiet" neighborhood school. Doesn't this reek of exploitation though? I just shudder at the thought of allowing school fights to happen so they can up the ratings.

Anyway, I was waiting for my friend in front of the school today and Tony Danza walked right up. He looks ROUGH! His hands are knarled from arthritis and my friend put it perfectly, "Damn he looks like beat up shoe leather!"

Oh yeah, this is the guy that the Tony Danza slap is named after because of his previous history. Look it up!

No comments: