Life's about the journey right? I've had a couple of journeys worth mentioning.
First, I'm buying my brother's clunker. It required that I trade in my Connecticut driver's license for a PA license. Easy enough thought right? Wrong. I woke up early to try and get to the Department of Motor Vehicles here in Philly - which the curiously call PENNDOT. I keep imagining some sort of Jetsons-esque house cleaning robot. Anyway, I get down there and see signs literally plastered on the outside of the building that they only take personal checks. Personal checks?!?!?! Leave it to the government to use something that no one else really takes any more unless you hand over your first born. Anyway, back up Columbus Blvd to my apartment to root out the dusty check book I only use to pay rent. :) Back down. I get the number, fill out my form, say NO I haven't been a residency of PA before and fork over $28. I'm then issued with a temporary photo ID that will serve as my driver's license until I get the real thing.
Now I wanted to be the nice neighbor to fill up the car after I used so much gas. I was in such a government induced stupor, that probably about $3 of gas poured all over my foot! But no matter, I have a PA driver's license!
More to come about the adventures of the swat team in NYC. Food poisoning, the SWAT team and the hottest week in recent history made for a fun time.
No comments:
Post a Comment