Teaching can beat you up both physically and mentally. I have never been so tired. 2010 didn't start out too good for me. I got so sick with Strep Throat in mid January that Adam had to bring me to the Emergency Room. That was an experience. We were the only people in the ER with any sort of education and probably the only people that would really pay. Yet Adam couldn't help me in the actual ER cause he's 'not family.' We do live in the 21st Century don't we? Why do people still have the power to legislate over who someone can be with?
After 4 days absence I went to school. Two days later I was trying to break up a fight and got clocked in the jaw. It cracked 3 of my teeth. 3 days of worker's compensation. It caused some of the hardest and deepest reflection that I have had to do in my life. But I am back at that school and the next posting will tell you why!
Teaching and loving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment