I've been thinking alot about stereotypes recently. It's been mainly since I started teaching and since my boyfriend came into my life. It's been interesting because I'm falling into some stereotypes. I.e. drinking red wine and playing Wizard of Oz monopoly while away on a weekend mini-break with A. But I'm wondering about stereotypes of my students and something that happened at church today.
I'll admit, I have a minor crush on the minister of my UU church (laugh all you want Liz!) Why is that though? I'll admit, he's got a Ken Doll look about him. But there is something about the forbidden fruit of a minister. I mean, isn't there a literary stereotype of the preacher's daughter? Corrupting the bad? Striving to be saintly? I guess in the 21st Century, one can go straight for the preacher. Not that I will, just fun to have a crush.
Now, my students - they live in the ghetto, they have hard lives and now it is my job to find the good in all of them.
1 comment:
Laughing sooooo much! Remember the sparkly tunic??
As a minister's daughter, I love the myth of corruption and also have a very soft spot for preachers' sons (got to love 'Son of a preacher man'!) - it's all good.
Post a Comment