Thursday, August 01, 2013

It's been a quick three months.

I really can't believe I've not written on here in 3 months.  I think I'm just going to continue and only share it to Google +.  I want this to be more of a space for thought than a place to bitch, moan, or generally complain about Republican thinking.

I'm trying to focus on my being happy because since I have written here last, I have had 3 different spots of skin cancer removed.  Not really digging the Frankenstein look.  But, getting all of these cuts in me have given me some drive to try new things and to make sure that I am not letting anything atrophy.

So, a good friend of mine from DC - who is just as much a language nerd as me - and I are doing a 3 month Esperanto challenge.  She just returned from a trip to Budapest, where she took part in the first ever POLYGLOT Conference.  Many Esperanto speakers were there (one could dare say, the entire Esperanto speaking population) and they said that any linguist can learn Esperanto in 6 weeks.  We are going to try for 12 since we live twelve hours apart.  Tonight was day one.


Mi estas kontenta ke vi lernas Esperanto.

No comments: