So, get this, it is less than three weeks until I 'ship off' to Africa and my USB port on my laptop breaks!!!!! Now, in perfect form of my stupidity, my computer is old (2002 model) so I have only one USB port. The list is endless what runs out of there though. Digital Camera, iPod, USB stick... It would not be adventageous for me not to have a USB whilst in Mozambique. So in a frenzy I call my brother. He seems to be my computer whiz, good to have one that doesn't charge you an arm and a leg! He was asking me about the ports on the back of my computer and I had a PS2 port that you plug a mouse into, parrallel port etc. He says I could buy a little convertor to change that to USB. So I go to look for one and get laughed at. Then its off to Circuit City, no luck, but I know what I need now at least, back to Best Buy and I find a PCMIA Card with two USB ports in it. $55 later, my computer is fixed.
Speaking of brothers, when he and his VERY nice girlfriend came up to New Hampshire to visit ten days ago, we went kayaking. Believe it or not, it was the first time I have kayaked all summer. Its also the last because I'm leaving for Rhode Island on Thursday! Anyway, my dumbass went out kayaking with my glasses on. Everything is working perfectly until I start coming back in. Suddenly this big wave comes along, the ONLY big friggin' wave of the day, and I'm down. Noel is in the tandem kayak with Samantha and they laugh. I admit it was very funny but I lost my glasses. I have to go to Peace Corps with two pairs of glasses! ARGH Does fate not want me to leave this country?
A good friend of mine in Germany once told me that I shouldn't leave the States to relocate to Europe. Her reasoning was that this country needs people to show the general populace that a world exists outside of our borders. I mean only 45% of this country has a passport!!! In Europe a passport is an accepted fact of life! :O) Also, it helped to get out of said country if a war were to break out, which tended to happen often. So maybe I should stay?
NAAHHHH!!!!
There is one good piece of news within all the doom and gloom of the last week. Chief Justice, William Renquist's likely successor will be more moderate than himself. But I just warn you oh faithful readers, keep your passport updated. NOEL!
No comments:
Post a Comment