Friday, September 02, 2005

Just think of the time gone by

And I get friggin scared. Well, really not scared just excited and well yeah, SCARED. Its a scary thought to think that I will be calling Mozambique home for two years. True to my form I will get to feel more comfortable there and then not want to come back. I've got to stop doing this to myself. But I love it. Anyway, I know I am going to come back and think "Oh wow a bottle of Coke only costs 1 Metical! That is cheaper than 5,000 Meticais. But then it will dawn on me that 5,000 Meticais is 20 American cents.

I think the things that are bothering me the most is this summer did not work out as planned. I had hoped that my father would come up to visit. No go. I saw my brother and sister and one of my oldest and best friends but didn't see Mag nearly as much as I wanted to. I will spend some time with her before I go. Let me tell you guys, staying at her place is better than the Ritz. I woke up one morning to fresh cookies and the morning paper at my door. The night before I had gone in and my bed was turned down. I thought it was really cute!

The list of things I will have to get while i n CT just keeps growing and growing and growing. I think a lot of it has to do with the anxiety of not knowing where I will be living. I can't picture where it is I'll be staying and therefore don't really have an idea of how I have to pack. People let's get a fact straight here. I'm only allowed to bring 80 pounds with me. I've got to put my life into 80 POUNDS! That roughly 45 kilos for all you non-english mesures people. Like I dont know if I'll have to get a rain cover for my back pack, bring large freezer bags (good to store things in in the rainy season) my books, film, camera batteries, my god, the list just goes ON!!!! I will have help with my friend Annemarie though. She's going to bring me around to set up for the party and to pack up my life before I leave. I'm off to the clothing drop tomorrow to get rid of some clothes that Noel decided not to take!

Ianito signing off

No comments: