Friday, March 18, 2005

Frustration at the Futility of...

As I sit here listening to my newest musical acquisition from my Afrikaner friend Shoal, I have to think about what the fuck is wrong with human beings. I do not understand the functioning of human beings as who they are. I just finished this program on television, British Channel 4 to be exact, and had to sit still on my bed thinking about how evil men in power are. The program was called THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR and it had to do with Dr. David Kelly. Dr. Kelly was on the inspection team to Iraq looking for the WMD that would be ready to hit London in 45 minutes. In my opinion the WMD exist in Westminster and Washington, the most conniving and undermining governments in the world. I’m having this overwhelming 1984 feeling right now. Blair’s government played the 45 minute threat to London to the nth degree as justification for the UK’s way to war. Now, he doesn’t even acknowledge the fact that he said that. He will go off for hours on end about "How can you, as a moral human, sincerely object to the removal of Saddam Hussein?" WE FUCKED UP REALLY BAD and my grandchildren are going to be the one paying for it. What I want to ask the governments of the USA and the UK, sitting pretty in their white buildings of "ivory" is, how can you, as a member of a governing body which SERVES THE PEOPLE, sleep at night when you know, if you have any shred of human decency in you, that you have gone against the wishes of your people - your people, the ones who put you in power!!!! Dr. Kelly was doing his job, as requested by his government and came back empty handed. He proved without a shadow of a doubt that Al-Qaieda and Saddam Hussein hated each other and Al-Qaieda was NOT in Iraq. They are now though; thanks to the benevolent United States of America who knows exactly what Iraq wants when half of its citizens could not even point out Iraq on a map! Does anyone seem to remember that Saddam Hussein was our best buddy all throughout the Reagan regime? He stood in the way of militant Islam spreading further westward…but wait Saudi Arabia only recently had the first vote since the country was founded in 1921! But does America care, of course not because the House of Saud is lining the pockets of the crazy militant Christians in power in Washington. Let me tell you something out of personal experience. I’ve traveled a hell of a lot for a 22year old man. I have yet to meet a human being who is genuinely different then me. THE JUST GO ABOUT LIFE DIFFERENTLY. The closest I came to someone who scared me because they were so different was when I met a Palestinian preaching the Quran at Speaker’s Corner in Hyde Park. He asked me what religion I am and I said that I believe in God/Yahweh/Allah/Jehovah, you name it… I finished my spiel with I BELIEVE IN LIFE. He told me that Allah and only Allah will show me the way. He was prepared to go on but he just got me so mad. I asked him if he appreciated Israel forcing her ways onto Palestine. Of course the answer was no. I asked again if he appreciated the Americans (meanwhile hiding my accent so he can’t place where I am from, gotta watch my ass) storming into Iraq and forcing the white bread concept of suburban American democracy on an Arab people of the desert. Again the answer was no. I told him then, how could he expect me to take kindly to him shoving Allah and Mohammed down my throat. He walked away.
Getting back to David Kelly, he ended up killing himself because otherwise the British Government would "do it for him." This promising, otherwise faithful, civil servant pays the ultimate price for his telling of the truth. I am still immensely proud of Britain for having the courage or just outright chutzpah to put this on the telly. What is wrong with the picture in America?

4 comments:

jessi said...

Pardon my paranoia but do you think Ians blog is going to get himself investigated by the FBI?

Ian Hefele said...

I think I already am

jessi said...

I dont think you can leave your own comments.

jessi said...

oh yeah. Because of your peace core application.