Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As I'm wiping the sweat off of my brow and really getting aggravated at the 7 people that are in my tiny office, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm now 47 days from coming back to the Land of Obama, 2 years since my harrowing thyroid escapades, and winding up year three of life in Africa. The next 47 days will bring some crazy times I've no doubt. The last three years in Mozambique have proved to me that the only thing you don't get over in life is death. I thought things were really serious with the thyroid, now all I can't do because of it is go to a place like the Pitcairn Islands. Who would want to go there though?

That's the next thing, I've nothing to do at work except explain to people that the folders of pornography they've downloaded could be the reason that the computers aren't working anymore. So I've developed this fascination with really far flung places and mighty small places in this world. My two latest ones are Pitcairn Islands and Bhutan. I just read a wonderful book about Bhutan called BEYOND THE EARTH AND THE SKY and yup, you guessed it, I want to go there. I'm looking for this book called SERPENT IN PARADISE and I don't have to wait for reading that book, I already want to go there. I'm not too sure they'd let me in to either place though because of the synthroid medicine.

Anyone want to join me on some crazy treks?

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: