So I'm almost back in America one solid week and I haven't made it beyond Brooklyn. I hope the extended family is not getting mad at me. It has been snowing almost non-stop since I've been back though so I can understand the "better safe than sorry" mentality in traveling, especially since that is what I used in 3 years in Africa. But I thought about how Africa is still in my blood. In exactly a week, I will have experienced 3 Africa themed things in my life.
Last Friday, we went to the MOMA (which FYI is free every Friday from 4 to 8 PM) to see the American premier of the first Mozambican produced movie called A Terra Sonambula or Sleepwalking land. Then today I found out that one of my favorite singers is playing in NY this week. Her name is Zolani. She's amazing. I'm taking advantage of all of this on top of going to see the Daily Show for the important day of Bush's goodbye and the hello to a new era. (Hopefully in my life too!)
More Soon
No comments:
Post a Comment