So this is my first post for 2009 and my last post from abroad... for this time at least. Lots has happened but that will stay until I'm sitting in Weston with nothing to do but update my life online. I think there will be some funny posts to come though as I struggle back into America. Fasten your seatbelts!
But, I just wanted to write about Europe and the UK. All of the above has played such an important part in my life. This is the first time in my life that I am flying from London without an even "vague" plan on coming back. I love this city, London, so much but no I could never afford it... I'm watching Absolutely Fabulous right now and realizing how wonderful the humor is. I met up with some of my old friends from University here in London and some of them said to me that I should base myself here in Europe. I'm excited to come back to the States though.
It's a new beginning. I feel like I'm almost going to be discovering a new country. However, I've not had much luck with Americans abroad because most of them find me rather arrogant and full of myself. :O) I don't know how I will be viewed in America after all these years abroad. I guess I'm just wondering how much of an American I still am. Am I the American abroad, the abroad American or just..... (fill in the blank)
No comments:
Post a Comment