Just the crazy adventures of an American trying to make sense of the world. Especially now that he's back in his home country.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
It could only happen to me...
So, I'm back and America. It's been about 72 hours and it's cold. I went to the cafe around the corner from my sister's house and tried to "meet people." Truthfully I was just bored in the apartment and wanted some sort of tolerable stimulation. Anyway, I worked up the nerve to speak "coffeeese" and tried to order a hot drink. Luckily the barista was patient and I got my task accomplished. However, the guy next to me was having some trouble. He was asked whether he would like a small, medium or large. So, he retorted with "well, it depends how large the American large is." Think supersize me people. I laughed outloud and he and his girlfriend came to sit at my table. (Which by the way had a picture of Felix on it.) So the first new people I meet in America and become friends with are two Estonians named Peeter and Lissie. Is that a sign?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment