Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Timisela

Timisela is Xitswa for patience. Something America doesn't seem to have. Three things happened today where I was just astounded by the speed of America. An old lady was crossing the road in a walker/frame and cars were honking at her to "hurry up." The other honking for hurry uping involved the famous yellow American school buses. They were making their rounds dropping students back off at home. They have a stop sign attached to their sides that they can use when necessary. Now, it's a law to stop for that stop sign and wait for the kids to make it to the sidewalk. Well, this bastard was yelling out the window that the kids needed to hurry up!

I then thought to myself I have all the time in the world to do my shopping and get ready for the Zolani concert tonight.

May I never lose that....

No comments: