My sleep schedule requires me to wake up at 5:30. I know you can laugh all you want, but for the past year plus, I haven't been awake before 7 unless I was going somewhere and if I did, I would usually be back to sleep within the hour. :) Last night was weird. I couldn't fall asleep right away because the altitude difference (300 feet to over 5,000 feet) has made the jet lag last longer than I'm used to. That and my absolute willingness to read and or watch EVERYTHING might lead to some craziness. Case in point tonight is a movie that, well, I wouldn't watch in America. I doubt I would watch it here if I were living with someone.
So, I finally got to sleep around 11:30 and got a good nights sleep until about 4:30. I had to get up because the alarm went off, but I was able to go back to sleep. That's where the dream began. Malaria dreams (I'm not even taking the medicine yet, Windhoek is Malaria free) for me tend to be in HD and this one was. The entire SIT Admissions team had started up a little tuck shop/bodega here in Klein Windhoek. They had to run the entire shop but for some reason, even though Namibia is an English speaking country, English wasn't useful in the dream. I was speaking Afrikaans and helping them run the shop. The thing that makes this dream a Malaria Dream for me, is that the colors of the Namibian currency in the till was in TECHNICOLOR. Also, I woke up before the dream could be resolved.
If dreams are starting and I don't have to take the medication until I head up north, what's it going to be like there?
More soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment