| Christuskirche & the as-yet-to-be-opened Independence Museum brought to you by the DPRK. |
I am writing to you from //AE //GAMS. A place you and I know as Windhoek. There is a small shopping center here in Klein Windhoek with that name.
It reads
Klein //AE //GAMS Mall.
There are two clicks in there. They kind of sound like a horse call out the side of the mouth. There are 3 or 4 different languages in that title alone, depending on who you ask. Others will say it is only one ie Namibian English - which is proving to be an interesting version of English to master. I know I definitely can't speak it, I don't know if I will be able to after 3 months, but I'm finding it easier to understand. I think if I tried to speak like a Namibian though, it would come out VERY weird.
Positives today
Did it all by myself
everyone is so friendly
retracing some old steps from 4 years ago.
getting people to talk with me by saying just
hawayu!
More Soon.
Ian
No comments:
Post a Comment