So I had a nice surprise this morning when I published my blog from yesterday. My childhood next door neighbor and one of my best friends still is reading this blog. I don’t want to embarrass her but hiya Cait! :O) I know I am repeating what I wrote yesterday but not much happens on a daily basis here even though I feel like I am accomplishing much. I just saw a horrible commercial for tires. There are these two gorgeous couples dancing in the rain. The men have rippling muscles and are in tighter than tight clothing while the women are shapely and thin and clinging to their stallions. I don’t understand why sex needs to be used to sell tires. The whole thing behind the commercial had to do with the tires being v. good in the rain. Why does sex need to be used to sell tires? This commercial didn’t make me want to run out and buy Bridgewater tires, in fact it did the contrary. I got repulsed.
I’m watching a special on the Hitler, oops History Channel now. It is the history of execution. We are such barbarians to each other. Every ten years we seem to try and invent another “humane” way of killing each other. They just said that the Nazis ruined the Americans chance of using the gas chamber to kill people. Lethal injection was introduced in 1982 and now it is such a bastardizing of death that no one knows really who owns death. 108 countries have abolished the death penalty while 78 retained it. Japan and the US are the only developed countries to retain the death penalty, the US and the UK are the only developed countries where torture is a known political tool even though it is outright banned. Why are we so evil to each other?
I’ve got some news to update on. I have an interview with a friend of my cousin tomorrow night to see if he wants to hire me to help him with his painting company this summer. I am waiting for the guy from the beach club to give me a call and hopefully I will get that job. Wish me luck!
Oh, I forgot to comment on my title. I always try to think of witty titles for my blogs and then I usually forget to comment on them. Anyway, today was a weird day weather wise. There must be a wicked storm off the coast because the ocean is crazy white. But I titled this FAFK because I felt like I was the poor little city boy today because I went and watched the waves crashing against the rocks for one or two hours. I wonder…
No comments:
Post a Comment