Thursday, April 28, 2005

Live Free or Die

Live free or die?

I have been back in the States just under two weeks now. Actually it will be two week tomorrow. I have experienced a lot within those two weeks, from getting stranded in Norwalk because of an “I forgot” to possibly uncovering a family secret. Who knows what will happen within the next few days. I’ve been accused lately of rolling with the punches in life. I think it is only in the last two weeks that I have been rolling with the punches. I genuinely believe that life has something in store for me and it is my job to discover what that is.

Yesterday I had a very good interview at the surf club down the beach from me. I am hoping that this job materializes because as I noticed today, getting around here when it is dark and raining. I’ve been stuck in the house all day because of the storm that is raging somewhere in the Atlantic. I couldn’t see the beach for most of the day, for those of you who know this place, (basically Noel and Jess) that is roughly 25 feet in front of me at the bottom of the dune. I got soaked going to the mailbox and sat chilling in the house. I’ve caught up on email today and gotten things in order. Made a few phone calls and meditated. A friend of my cousin is starting up a house painting business this summer. I left a message with him. He probably thinks I am some weirdo that phoned him but I left my name and it was obviously his cell phone so the number of my uncle’s house would have shown up on his caller ID. I’m afraid I may not have been perfectly professional with my message for him. I’ll give him another call tomorrow and see what it is about.

The last bit of news I have today is that yet ANOTHER FUCKING thing is wrong with my Peace Corps application. I need some more X-rays done with my teeth. Luckily though I passed a dentist on my bike ride yesterday. So I found them in the phone book and called them today. I’ll call them again tomorrow and see what I can do.

Wait there is another thing. Live free or die? That is the state motto of New Hampshire. Any ideas why?


PS. I just discovered that one of my best friends is reading this blog! I'm so glad!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The words "Live Free or Die," written by General John Stark, July 31, 1809, shall be the official motto of the state.

Source. 1945, 152:1, eff. May 10, 1945.

-Amanda
p.s I think you should wonder why your offical bird is the loon