Thursday, July 21, 2005

GOD BLESS YOU

Okay, I've not started to prothlesize the faith, even though Mag has been sending me heaps of info about a friend of hers who is a Catholic missionary in Uganda. I don't think this would make my friend Liz in England very happy because she was a little ticked off when I told her that I was applying to Peace Corps. See she was born in Tonga and Peace Corps is there. She just doesn't agree with what they have to say because she has had many bad experiences whilst living in Tonga with those "Yanks" that knew better than the Tongans even though they didn't speak the language, let alone not know the culture. But hey, I'm going to learn Portuguese and either Koti, Shona, Zulu, Swahili et al. Who knows which language?

Anyway, tonight was a required apperance down the beach at the Surf club. Everyone who reads this knows exactly what I am talking about. Rich, scary pretentious white people who ask me EVERY week, whether, A. we've met before B. if I'm my cousin Mike C. How I'm related to Ed and Rene yada yada YADA. But strangely enough, tonight was fun. The manager of the club had his band in for a bit of live music. They were REALLY good. The lead singer was a perfect mimic and could sing you name it almost perfectly. Anywho, my uncle, being who he is, decided to start talking to the drummer. He shows me off whenever he can, so he started talking about how he wants to visit me in Mozambique. So we start talking and the drummer just turns around to me and says GOD BLESS YOU! WHY i wanted to shout at him! What the fuck am I doing that is so GD noble? I just dont get it. But if they want to feel that I am some noble Americanesque Christ Figure, sacrificing my livelihood for two years to help the heathen of Africa, they are fucking wrong. I just want to travel. Bom viaje!

Bua noite mis amigos

Isso e Portuguese nao e espanhol

1 comment:

Noel Hefele said...

haha seriously..