I haven't been updating my blog on a regular basis because so much has been happening in my life. I'm trying to put together a party for myself as a graduation/going-away thing at St. Jerome's Church in Norwalk. I fell like I have to go around on tip-toe concerning my father and his wife and frankly I'm really sick of it. But, so many people think I have to do that to maintain calm. I really want this party, because I feel that it is going to be such a long time before I will see any of these people again. I've asked certain old friends of my mother to investigate what a day at the church would entail. I just feel that if I didn't step of this, it would never materialize. Anyone in agreement with me?
I've also got to start paying off my student loans now. I've actually got to go and do that right now. Its $147.50 per month for the next ten years. Thats a shit load of money. In Australia and England you don't have to pay back any money until you are earning over certain amounts of money. Why can't we do something like that here?
My sister and I have been talking about my father and his emotional retardation alot recently. Its just something that I cannot comprehend. His wife is a type of being that I cannot fathom the amount of hatred within this woman. But I have had enough of perpetuating the negativity. There is so many other things in life to deal with and I have to focus on that. My aunt told me after I mentioned that I ican't believe for every evil person in the world there are ten beautiful/caring individuals in my life. And fuck it I am off to Mozambique in 2 months! But that is the problem. I do not want to go off to Africa with this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that my father is falling down the drain...into the vaginal vortex.
Speaking of Mozambique, I, like a dork, have been doing my research and learning bits of Portuguese. Its going to be a fun language. But the Mozambican money is called a METICAL. It is the most worthless money in the world. The current exchange rate is US$1 = MT24,500 and counting. I say and counting because I checked the exchange rate twice today. It was 24,250 the first time and then a round 24,500 the second time round. They have bills in common circulation up to MT500,000 which is only US$20. I wonder how much that will buy. I read an article on www.mozambiquenews.com that public transport in Maputo, the capital city, was raised MT 5,000 to MT7,000 - from 20 american cents to 28 american cents.
Hmmmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment