Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wow, its been quite eventful.

I really don't know what happened the 12th. I think a bunch of people were here and I get very confused when people show up because I'm used to being home alone. I don't know exactly what to do with myself. I can't believe though what has happened in the past almost month. First of all, everyone who reads this already knows that I will be an uncle. That took up alot of space in my brain for the past month. You see unfortunately, I'm going to miss the birth because (now here's for the other big news) I'm going to Mozambique in September of this year. But I was told under no circumstances what so ever am I to postpone my posting with Peace Corps. According to Peace Corps, I will be teaching English at a secondary school or a technical institute in a bigger provincial city in Mozambique - Maputo, Beira or Nampula. 1 Million, 500,000 and 300,000 people respectively, so I guess I don't have to worry about being on the end of the world. :) For those of you out there asking where Moz. is, look at a map of Africa and it is at the bottom of the continent, next to South Africa. Portuguese is the official language and 16 other tribal languages are spoken throughout. I have the chance of speaking shona, swahili, or koti, in the region where they believe I will be placed.

Yesterday I spent the entire day on the porch filling in the reems of paperwork for Peace Corps. I had to fill out paperwork for visas and a new passport. Then today I had to sign papers for life insurance and personal property insurance and set up a bank account with my father's name on it as well only to realize that I have no money to do this! :) Ahh to be back in college. If any of ya'll have more question send me an email at ian.hefele@gmail.com and I'll fill ya in.

I

No comments: