Thursday, July 28, 2005

A perspective

So I think I am going to talk about perspectives today - it seems fitting, especially after what I have experiences today. First of all, check out www.bbc.co.uk for the biggest news of the day - at least from my perspective. The IRA, Irish Republican Army, terrorists to some national heroes to others, have decided to officially end the armed struggle that they have fought for the past 36 years in Northern Ireland against the British occupation of the Emerald Isle. Many Protestants in Northern Ireland are very skeptical of what this statement means. However, in my humble perspective, this time will be different. Before, the IRA always used one of their own to
"proclaim" the ceasefire. This time they used a former IRA prisoner to tell the world about their new deal. I am a little optimistic, however, I must remember that it is the IRA. Even in a perfect world, they couldn't become a non-violent group over night. They probably don't even know how many people are in their own organisation. But I really WANT to be optimistic! I WANT to believe in the goodness of the people and the exasperation of the Republican (NOT conservative) Irish after the Northern Bank heist of £26 million in December 2004. Enough is enough! Unfortunately, I think the Rev. Iain Paisley (about as reverend as Al Sharpton) will say "show us thedisarmermentt in pictures or video" - to which theIRAA will say "NO BLOODY WAY" ------ and so the circle may continue.

The other thing I heard today was from my manager at work. He was telling me about how last summer, he was discussing the fairy and gnome myths of Celtic Britain with a friend who showed up at the shop. Well, apparently, there was a gay guy living in the flat behind the shop who overheard this story. He took it asharassmentt from the manager and his friend. He called the cops. The cop came and talked to my manager. He says, "Isn't it a bit weird for two grown men to be discussing fairies et al." My manager sayspointe blank, NO! Heretortss with,

Isn't it a bit weird for millions of adults to congregate weekly to celebrate how much they love a zombie? All they are,aree blood-thiry,cannibalisticc, zombie worshipers! To which the policeman left.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

TheApA said...

ok, maybe i'm having a blonde moment, but what was your manager talking about?

TheApA said...

Hey, you vanished off the face of the earth. I haven't talked to you in days! What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

is jesus the zombie?

why did the cop come?

Ian Hefele said...

Who is todd kelly?