So this past week in America has been pretty cool on the human rights front for gays and lesbians. Notice I say human rights, cause that's exactly what I believe it is. Anyway, we are now at 4 states where a marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman is legal. I'm beyond happy that Iowa ruled in our favor. It was truly inspirational that Vermont brought equal rights into effect through legislation! It wasn't a court mandate, it was "the will of the people." I just think it's very ironic that this country prides itself on "liberty and justice for all." Yet I can't get married in the majority of states.
However, with the events of the past week (and the fact that a state OUTSIDE of the Northeast has ruled in favor of human rights) has given me hope. It's given me hope that religious conservatives will finally start practicing what they preach. Maybe the God is Love doctrine will finally be understood. God is love.
Is love capable of hate?
Thank you Vermont, Iowa, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Remember everyone that you know at least one person these hateful,bigoted laws like prop 8 in CA and prop 2 in FL affect personally.
You read this blog after all...
No comments:
Post a Comment