I've the choice between two television programs to watch right now. Either the movie HULK or a Discovery Channel documentary on the Hajj, the Muslim pilgremage that everyone in Islam is technically supposed to make. I can happily say I am watching the Hajj pilgrimage!!! One of the "featured muslims" is a guy from Middelborough England. Thats the North of England, pretty close to the Scottish border - so to the average ear, his dialect is incomprehensable. Subtitles abound...weird, because he is speaking perfect English. I wonder if the Welsh get subtitles from the Texan or Lousianan accent?
Anyway according to the title, I think if I see another flag I will go crazy. I think I counted 25 flags on the short 15 minute ride home from work. I remember when I graduated from Kindergarten, we all had to read facts about the stars and stripes. My fact was, The Flag should NOT be flown outside in BAD weather. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but all we have been having in the north east is bad weather, yet the battallian of red white and blue was flapping away all along the coast. I even saw some stone lions that gaurd the driveway of some very rich owners. They were out in their finest red white and blues. I wonder if their owners realized they both looked like they were wearing the Hijab, the scarf/flag was positioned just so... with a smirk I drove away slightly happier. I'm glad I can make myself happy over things like that.
Hello my name is Ian and I am an NPR addict. I don't know what it is but I just find their voices so calming and they have good stories on it...except for today. All they played was My country tis of thee and the star spangled banner. I think if I hear another note from either of those songs I WILL SCREAM. Why are we allowed to be patriotic and the Germans are not? I completely disagree with the fact that it has come to this point in this country that if you are not a conservative christian with a text book set of morals you are un patriotic. That is not true! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY. Yes I said it, I do love this country. The sweet chewing gum sound of our accents and sometimes utter innocence is something I love. I love the fact that as a whole we have been able to live inside a country without major disturbances amonst ourselves for almost 150 years. However, the mullahs ensconced in Washington are not of the same opinion. But aren't they just as conservative?
No comments:
Post a Comment