Sunday, May 08, 2005

The midnight ride of Paul Revere

The other night I decided to go out with some people I met on market square to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was a brilliant film. They kept very faithful to the book. I reccommend everyone to see it.

Anyway, I had to ride five miles in the dark because everyone lived in Dover or Portsmouth and I live in Rye now, five miles south of Portsmouth. It wasn't that far or that scary of an experience but every person who I passed who was out walking his dog looked at me as if I had six heads. I felt I should just stir things up in this white bread coastal community by shouting a 21st Century updated version of the New England call "The Arabs are Coming the Arabs are coming!" But then I may have gotten arrested.

I'm in a very sarcastic mood right now because I am watching Ab Fab. They have a mother's day marathon on BBC America! Its abolutely brill sweetie darling. I know I talk about television in almost every blog entry, but I watch alot of it. But my old next door neighbor is coming for a visit this tuesday. I have lots planned for her.

Just a note about my lost blog, I think silence is golden now. I've noticed with my family here in NH that we can just sit in silence reading books or watching some TV. Sometimes much more can be said with out saying anything at all.

More soon

6 comments:

jessi said...

I think that silence thing is a result of being married for 30 years.

Noel Hefele said...

I think the first 30 years friends silence of a thousand points of light.


serious.

Noel Hefele said...

I hope you had a bike light!

Unknown said...

I watch BBC America way to often.. I am getting to a point where I wake up early to watch Cash in the Attic... my life sounds about as exicting as yours ;)

Noel Hefele said...

I'm bored!

Noel Hefele said...

the rss feed thing is cool. I don't have to come to your page to see that you haven't written anything!