Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The hatches are battened...

My god I wish I could record what is happening outside right now and share it with you all. I 've come back to New Hampshire and of course the weather is PURE CRAP! I spent 20 minutes outside on the deck yesterday trying to tie down the deck furniture so it would not fly away into the white wall of water that is the Atlantic Ocean. I wasn't even out there 20 minutes I think and I got soaked through and through. Many of you may know that my job this summer is painting houses, yeah right that is going to happen. I don't think one siding of a house will get painted this summer. What got me yesterday was that I was talking to a friend of mine from London who is living in Idaho now and got royally pissed off. She was there in Middleton Idaho with 70 degree weather and walking around in a tee shirt and shorts. I was out there in blinding rain, its coming down in sheets and the tempurature wind chill gets down to 35 degrees. MENSCH its FUCKING MAY!!!!!! I'm going to put in a graduation blog tomorrow. I still have to fathom how it affected me because it sure as hell did. Another thing about this house, I feel like it is jiving to the music of the storm right now. UPstairs it is literally shifting a couple inches. I didn't think houses should do that. Another thing is that I noticed the house wasn't heating up as it did last week before I went to graduation. I noticed when I started a fire tonight that the flew was wide open! Oh well, I've had a roaring fire going all night it works well.

Anywho, I just bought three things on Borders.com, which is actually Amazon nowadays. I bought a Bette Midler CD, a book by Nadine Gordimer (my fav author who happens to be a Saffa.) and a book by Che Guevara. It is actually THE book that the movie Motorcycle Diaries are based upon. I thought it would be good research material for my time in Africa. Who knows? Maybe we will get a Walkabout Diary from yours truly during his time in Africa.

Oh yeah I have one more thing to talk about. Today while I was cleaning the house (since it is so rainy I feel like a domestic here) I was plugged into my iPod and starting singing at the top of my voice. I haven't done that in so long and guess what, it felt GOOD. I felt like I had found myself again. I'm on my way.

Thats it.

PS. 26.5.2005 would have been my mom's 59th bday so anyone who reads this, keep her and my dad in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Noel Hefele said...

thanks for the link Ian!