The title of this post is a phrase that is said here in Portuguese by pretty much every day. It means everything from c'est la vie to bugger this to WHAT THE F#$% ARE YOU DOING MOZAMBIQUE!
I just had an experience of this. As you know, I'm doing my second year of this Theatre competition. Part of the prizes are English/Portuguese dictionaries. Now I wanted 131 dictionaries. Its a lot of money I'm looking to spend. I want 130 mini dictionaries for the participants and a nice hard back dictionary as first prize. The minis cost 145 meticais each and the big one costs about 1,200 meticais. It's almost 20,000 meticais I want to spend! $800. You'd think they would roll out the red carpet for me. Nope. I need to leave tomorrow morning early to try and get the bus home but it doesn't look like that will be happening. My dictionaries will most likely not be avaliable until 9 am tomorrow. I'll be home around 6.... maybe. I'm just astounded that with such a big purchase I get bubkis. Communism at it's best ladies and gentlemen.
grrrr
No comments:
Post a Comment