Let’s just say I was laundering money. Let’s just say I was the head of a well respected NGO for the province and still wasn’t satisfied with my salary. Let’s just say I was plan stupid but hey, everybody does it so I could never get caught. Let’s just say that was all what I was doing right now. (Please remember this is all hypothetical!) I may never get caught, this IS Mozambique, but I’m wondering, wouldn’t I be smart enough to keep the places operating costs functioning? Wouldn’t that provide some cover for me? Last week I was given a stack of papers to send off to various other offices via email and fax. I get this lovely job because I’m the only one that really knows how to use the internet. Apparently I’m the only one that realizes you have to pay for it too! But I noticed I had only 3 lights working on the modem. Damn. This is Mozambique and sometimes the internet just doesn’t work. So I gave it the rest of the day… and the next day too. Still no internet L. The phone line at least said that it was “fora do service” out of service so we could at least tell that that had been cut because it was not paid for. No phone line working equals no fax machine working, that’s easy math to do even for my mathematically challenged self. But everything was working fine with the internet until the disconnected phone line started ringing. It was the broadband company saying that the internet bill has not been paid so the internet was cut off. Man, how can people rob so much money that services they need to run their business don’t work? Why are people so stupid?
No comments:
Post a Comment