Monday, June 23, 2008

SAVED!

So in the depths of winter that we are in right now, I've been watching lots of movies with the dog and endless cups of tea. Unfortunately most of the movies have been merda, but I watched a very good movie called SAVED! the other night. It was so highly entertaining. It's a Brian Dannelly film and you can find it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saved%21


One thing interesting in the movie was the quote the Jesus was the ultimate rebel. It was by the principal/priest of the school so I don't think it was said to be interpreted as I have interpreted it. But there is a gay character in the movie who gets booted out of school for his 'sickness.' "Jesus didn't love him" was what won character said. But if Jesus were the ultimate rebel, wouldn't he be happy about someone being different and having the courage to go against the grain just as he did? That's what the movie started saying in some weird ironic sense. Yet I want to know why the people that call themselves the holiest are actually the most evil inside?

Thoughts?

No comments: