Wednesday, June 04, 2008

You never know in Africa!

So I've been in Africa for some time now. I don't see animals on a regular basis. Most of the animals were killed or fled during the war. I DO see amazing birds everyday and they seem to know that they are amazing! They do wonderful dives through the air just to make sure you see them in all their glory. I thank them for that. Now I've had encounters with a couple animals throughout my 3 years here in the wild. Baboons - I go running the other way. Hyena - i didn't even leave my house to see if this one was true! And here is the story about what happened last night.

Last night was the first time I had really questioned my reasoning for bringing my dog back to live with me in Maxixe. She started barking at about 1 AM. I noticed the barking right away but also heard it to be more of a what the hell are you doing here in my territory kind of bark. Not Ian watch out there's an intruder!!! I thought it was a cat and I was right it was a cat but not the cat i thought it would be.


Here's a picture It's called a large spotted genet. I didn't even know it existed!!!





No comments: