There's this woman in my life that tends to teach me more than she ever thinks imaginable. One thing I always remember though that used to drive me crazy was her selective senses. She used to say that she had selective hearing if I asked for something that I couldn't have as a child. I've noticed that John McCain may be suffering from selective memory and I idolize the HuffingtonPost for pointing that out to us all. That website is so gloriously left wing I love it. Anyway, it's pretty general knowledge that America went around the world and funded the anti-communist movements in various countries. I've personally met some of the former "communists" and former "rebels" here in Mozambique and during University when I traveled to Nicaragua. Personally I couldn't be happier that Daniel Ortega is currently the president of Nicaragua. But I'm diverting what I wanted to write here. Read this article in the Huffpost about RENAMO and our dear friend John McCain. He really should think about his selective memory if he wants to accuse Obama of being a terrorist when he was 8. After all, he was in his 50's when most likely financially supported a group that raped, pillaged, and killed for 16 LONG years - the effects of which are still felt here today in Maxixe. So I beg all the Americans reading this... let's practice OUR selective memory and forget that the Republican Party even exists right now. They've screwed us over so hard let's send them into the shadows next week!
You best be believing that I will be up watching the debates. I've done it before and I'm going to buy the bottle of champagne that's offered here in Moz to make sure I can either celebrate a historic change or drown my fears in cheap alcohol. I truely hope it's the former.
No comments:
Post a Comment