Many times over the past 3 years I’ve wondered what I’m exactly doing here – especially when I’m pulling my hair out over the problem of the day. It’s gotten so “bad” my hair just falls out on its own now…I think that’s the lariam though. Anyway, I re-found this piece of paper that a competitor from my theatre project wrote for me. He wrote this saying this is what theatre means to him. I’ll write it first in Portuguese and then translate it.
O Teatro e um lugar de exaltação, misterio e liberdade. Um lugar onde a gente pode sentir o que não compreendemos: amor, sofrer, rir e chorar. É para fingir avontade, mascarar-se, declamar, correr atras dos outros e perder invariavelmente no confusão das lonas e armações.
Theatre is a place of exaltation, mistery and freedom. A place where people can feel what we don’t understand: love, suffering, laughing and crying. We can pretend to our heart’s desire, mask our real selves, suspend our disbelief and entertain. It is a place to lose ourselves in the canvases and warehouses of creativity.
It makes a lot more sense in Portuguese, but I just thought…. Yeah! I Influenced somebody…
No comments:
Post a Comment