8 years. To an eight year old that is a long time. To the rest of us who have lived from 2000 to 2008 it's been a hell of a long time too. Hopefully we are learning. I just wanted to say something very quickly about the bailouts going on at home now. Viewed at from over here, it sure looks like nationalization. The United States has a GDP on roughly 13 trillion dollars. We're number #1! Our government has recently bought out 850 billion dollars of that. All of this can be found out on Google. I'm not making up the numbers. So one of the bigger stockholders in our economy is Uncle Sam. So maybe the 25th of September should become a holiday in America. The Day of Nationalizations. It's a holiday here. June 24th. It's a damn good holiday too.
Please don't think I'm saying America is doing things wrong. Trust me, after living here in Mozambique for 3 years I've come to love America. She does a lot of things right! I'm just hoping and praying and begging that we get our collective heads out of our asses and off our high horses thinking that the US way is the best way and only way. We get alot of things right, but we get ALOT of things wrong too. I'm just laughing, because it's seems to my eyes that America is having to save herself by dying her wool with the slightest hint of the newest red socialist. Lady Liberty is putting on the Little Red Riding Hood cape as she goes off to the free market. What's really wrong with that? This ain't Regeanism of the 1980's. Time's change and the only thing we're number one at anymore is (military) spending.
Don't we need something we can be proud of?
No comments:
Post a Comment