Wednesday, July 16, 2008

15 minutes is sometimes a good thing

Yes, American Idol (or whatever version of Idol you subscribe to) has made it to Mozambique. Actually, it's been here for as long as I have but tends to be crap - as most of them are. You can look at stuff from last years show here at the FAMA SHOW. Lets just say thank god it's over for the year. But, there is this newer show called SHOW DE TALENTOS that's being run by the other cell phone company here Vodacom. I kind of like this show better because its not just singing off key contestants. There are also capoeira shows, major amounts of dancing and a first for Mozambique...two guys in drag. It's really worth the look. They are going to win this competition and are taking Mozambique by storm. They're all over the TV. Have shows in Maputo. These guys are big. They've come out as a couple as well and Vodacom is actually saying that they are ok. The thought and sight of two Mozambicans dressed in drag running around the stage lip synching to Like a Virgin and I will survive just makes me laugh. But they are GOOD!!! So what I'm trying to say is that Labiba and Lasanta's 15 minutes of fame may go down in History in Mozambique. Here's to them for opening this country up!

No comments: