Thursday, July 17, 2008

On the lighter side,

My maid thinks I wear woman's clothes. She thinks I'm a drag queen. :) In her sense of the term, I guess I am. I wear undershirts - wife beater, a shirt, vest, tank top, singlet whatever you want to call it style. Those are apparently viewed as a woman's shirt here. I have this one I think I got as a set in the Chinese Wal Mart they have in Maputo, so I'll leave what it looks like to the imagination. But, while Noel was here, he left this really cool button down short sleeve number. It has a little fancy embroidery on it but would totally be classified as metro in America and Europe... this whole concept hasn't reached Mozambique yet. I told Raquia that it was part of a style that hasn't made it into Maxixe. She bought it, I saved face and we are all happy!

No comments: