Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Larium dream extraordinaire

Last night was definitely one of the weirdest dreams I have EVER had in this country. They thankfully had no physical repercussions the next day, but they still messed with my mind. One involved my dog and the other involved my friend Anne. Anne and I were in the Ian McEwan book called Atonement. It’s a pretty good book if you guys want to read it. But the premise of the movie was geared towards me, and it was Anne who ratted on me (the lowly servant boy) when he tried to make it with her older sister –resulting in my death. I was so confused though because Anne and I are good friends and I didn’t want her to be mad at me. But I called her in the morning and she was fine. 

The other dream is the dream that scared me a little bit. My dog has really grown attached to me recently. You all might remember when my other dog was killed. I was really upset. This dog now is wonderful. I think it’s been a long enough time from the other dog that I don’t compare the two anymore. Last night in my dream she was killed though. Mozambique is a very superstitious country, so my housekeeper (in my dream) told me the next morning when she came in that I had to petrify my dog to keep her with me. But, Kuri’s spirit would not go away until I buried her… in my living room floor. The thing that just got me, I was able to see her in such detail in my dream. She naturally didn’t fit in my floor. Things need to be confusing in Larium dreams! But I could really only fit her butt into the floor, so I cemented her in fearing that her spirit wouldn’t leave me alone if I didn’t. My conscious self doesn’t quite see the logic of having a petrified dog in your floor over the chance of having her spirit wandering around the yard where she could be keeping away the robbers.

No comments: