This is something that's been bugging me recently. MOZAMBICANS CAN'T EFFIN QUEUE. Even at the hospital the other day, the queue wasn't so much a line as an amalgamation of people that never spoke to each other yet somehow knew what was going on and who came before whom. I haven't really paid attention to the line lethargy though because it's a losing battle. That is until recently. It's still a horribly losing battle, but I just can't take the GIMME GIMME GIMME atmosphere that this country seems to operate on. I understand it though. Nobody had anything for such a long time and now that materials have come they've got the gimmes. But I went to go get bread the other day. I was waiting in my spot at the counter and literally got pushed out of the way by this woman who wanted two breads. Later on as I was in this store we all call COSTCO buying some things, another woman came running in yelling HOW MUCH IS A CARTON OF SODA! The guy at the counter ignored her, rightly so. But then she reached over me and slapped down the money pushing me out of the way.
Having lived in the UK for two years, this is hard to stomach. I joked to my friend the other day about how wonderful it would have been if the British colonized Mozambique, there'd be lines. He got the joke and said that its not what the British could have taught the Mozambicans its what the Portuguese didn't teach.... thoughts
No comments:
Post a Comment