Friday, September 19, 2008

Following a friend's advice

A friend of mine recently wrote a glowing review of apple's new iTunes 8. Something to do with geniuses or something. I decided to download the new software because I had not upgraded my iTunes in quite some time. Generally I tend to avoid downloaded of more than 10 MB. Broadband here is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Well, iTunes 8 is 64.5 MB. It made me remember the days of my dad's dial up modem in America. I came in to work at 8, started the download and am now finishing.

You do the math.

Thanks Liz :O)

3 comments:

Liz said...

I didn't tell you to download it!! I only got it cos I'd just got my new laptop...

Ian Hefele said...

I know you didn't! I just respect your opinion of things, so you indirectly DID tell me to download it. HA!

Noel Hefele said...

Haha! Didn't I tell you too? I guess you don't respect my opinion. I'll have to work on that!

What do you think of Genius though? It works pretty well so far.

Making me look at my collection in a different way. - and changed perspectives are always great.

BUT -

Another perspective makes it seem a lot scarier. With every "advance" in technology, you have to considered what is lost with what is gained. Our world is full, and the entrance of something new means something has to be left behind. We are effectively transferring our ability to make mixtapes into the rapidly developing "global AI"

It.. is.. learning. - Genius!


Ha!

I am listening to it now, and I already feel smarter.