Thursday, September 11, 2008

Really?

This is just too good. I've been following things through a variety of news sources about the elections of super stars. Obama v. Palin. I'm sorry but McCain is just an accessory at this point. You gotta hand it to him. It's like Obama is running against Hillary again and it's kind of scary because people may vote for the republicans just because they have a woman on the ticket and not because of her track record... oh wait she doesn't have much of the latter. :) Take that Obama-bashers. But I found something interesting on the BBC website which made me laugh so hard.

It's called SARAH PALIN: 10 Things We've learnt
A couple of the points about things we've learned have shown me her "true" character. I know that's an oxymoron, you can never learn the true character of any politician. Number one caught my attention. It has to do with the names of her gaggle of children. The woman likes to live in Alaska. Why invite her to Washington? She's so tied down to Alaska that her children are burdened with geographic coordinates as names... thanks Mom. Number 4 quotes actor/presidential candidate (why do actors always go for the Republican party?) Fred Thompson as saying that Palin is "the only nominee in the history of either party who knows how to properly field-dress a moose" And that's an important trait for the leader of the senate why? I guess there could be lots of moose in DC some day. Number 8 just tickled my funny bone to no end. I'm still laughing about it now. I want to know WHY HAS RELIGION BECOME PART OF POLITICS? What ever happen to separation of church and state? Being "religious" doesn't automatically make you a wholesome or good person. I remember this family of religious nutters that lived down the road from me growing up. They were some of the most stereotypically religious people yet some of the most hateful, ugly, and down right mean people I've ever met. So having a leader of the senate (remember the VP does have a constitutional job to do) who belongs to a non-denominational fundamentalist church that believes they can convert gays through the "power of prayer" just makes me want to go for the job myself. I guess the most basic thing for me is we don't need to burden a 44 year old mother of 5 (and soon to be grandma) with a son in Iraq, a pregnant out of wed lock (like that really matters in the 21st century) daughter and a child with down's syndrome, with all of our problems. She's got enough of her own!!!

But if she puts on some more lipstick, we may just have the Alaskan Evita. Oooo can't wait for THAT musical!!

No comments: